Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Merry Christmas!


As an adult, Christmas is a great holiday. However, experiencing it through a child’s eyes is just magical. This was Juliana’s first Christmas and it was so much fun to see it through her. Of course, there is a story behind all the festivities. First, I fell a couple of weeks before Christmas and tore my patellar tendon. I was in a knee immobilizer and had limited mobility~ great ~ now my princess had one up on me. I will have to be more creative in my parenting skills. Also, this limited my ability to shop, decorate and basically get around. Ok, I can handle this…. So, I did what I could and got Christmas together. We bought a tree and decorated it. Well, Juliana just fell in love with the tree. I also brought out a moving Santa that was carrying a light and was almost as tall as she was that she also adored. Every night before she went to bed, she would kiss Santa and say bye-bye to the tree. So far, so good….
Then right before Christmas, she got RSV and an ear infection. This meant antibiotics, nebulizer treatments and prednisone. I really felt bad for her, she was wheezing, coughing~ no way to spend your first Christmas. I must say though, she was a trooper. Christmas eve was spent at Aunt Helen’s home ~ thank you all for your presents to her.
On Christmas morning, my mom came over and we opened presents again. She got a lot of great toys and books. Luckily, she felt better after a few days and was back to normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! HOORAY!!! THERE IS JULIANA NEWS! WHO IS THAT BROKEN MOMMY IN THE PICTURE??
Love to both The Princess and The Queen!
Anasazi GM

Anonymous said...

Juliana...You are the most beautiful and sweet Princess I know!! You are very smart and kind, too. We are all so blessed to know you and your mom :>)
Anasazi GM