Saturday, February 10, 2007

LOI

When adopting from Kazakhstan, there is three initials that we all wait to get~ your LOI (letter of invitation).... These insignificant letters mean that we are given the OK to go. My agency called me yesterday to say that I have received my LOI~ my letter of invitation. I am expected to be in Astana on Friday morning... no later. WHAT?! It's Friday for goodness sake! I am not prepared for this. After months of waiting and waiting and waiting, I am leaving in 5 days! The tornado has been started! There is so much to do and prepare for. I am so sorry to all my OR and Trauma friends who planned the Connie Mac's get together~ I was so looking forward to it. However, the good news is that when I return in April, it will be starting spring and I will have the princess with me. She will hopefully be here in time for Easter!
In one week, I get to meet my baby girl. Wish me luck~ I am about to fly half way around the world into unfamiliar territory!
Next post will be from Astana, Kazakhstan.