Saturday, March 3, 2007

First part down


Privyet!
Hello all..... I have really good news! First of all, there is no longer frost on the inside of the car I was in today~ a car that had the heat on by the way~ which means it is actually fit for human life outside here! And the biggest news is that I have completed my first hurdle. We are finished with the mandatory 15 day bonding period. Since the time here is so painfully long.... all of us break the time down into manageable sessions. The first 15 days, then countdown to court ( which may be in 10 days), then the 15 day waiting period after court and then 4-5 days for paperwork, then fly to Almaty for 3 days, then HOME. So, one down and we won't look ahead yet because it is to depressing.
Juliana is doing so well without the brace. She is learning to crawl without it and doing quite well. She mimics what the other kids are doing and what I do. I can see the little changes in her development over the past few weeks. It is often a free for all in the playroom with all the kids, and it is just great to watch them.
She turned 8 months the other day, but is still very petite. She is still wearing 3-6 month clothes, but I am sure she will get bigger in the next few months.
I hope all is well at home. I thank everyone for reading and following along in this journey. I am looking forward to being home to introduce her to you all. In the meantime, I am getting very good at Russian and walking on ice! (I still don't wear a hat though!)

Paka Paka

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EL: Your baby is beautiful, and so lucky that you are such a fearless pioneer! I think that you could write and direct an awesome documentary about this whole adventure, and become well known and/or wealthy. Maybe you would still stay in touch with your Cooper Hospital contacts and friends as a volunteer or celebrity consultant.
Olive and I look forward to seeing you two in person back here in the US, even if you don't get on TV. Love GJ