Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Good and The Bad


I have good news to share….I have an official court date. My court session is scheduled for Monday March 12th at 12: 30. This is my final climb to the top and after court it is all a downward slide. After court, there is a mandatory 15 day waiting period and then I will be home about a week after that. It is hard to believe that I have been here for 3 weeks. I am looking forward to getting court over with…. I just hope it goes smoothly.

Now for the bad news, or just a realization. You know how there are the Ritz Carlton of accommodations and there are the Howard Johnson’s of accommodations? Well, I realized yesterday that I am staying at a HoJos. I visited an apartment of a couple who is adopting a baby boy from Juliana’s room at the babyhouse. They are staying in a really nice apartment….really nice. I thought that I didn’t have it so bad until yesterday. I do realize that I have a roof over my head, a place to sleep and make meals and my walls keep out the cold, but that is about all I can say about my apartment. Think of a bad Brady Bunch home interior and make it worse than that. They are living in penthouse style compared to me. I have bad checked linoleum floors, they have hardwood. I have wallpaper that is peeling off with some unknown design, they have custom painted walls. I have a couch that could pose as a table it is so hard, they have comfy sofas. I have a small TV and they have a flat screen TV. Their bathroom is the size of my bedroom, and they have a Jacuzzi tub. Now, I realize that I sound like I am complaining, but I am not. I have just come to the realization that someone must stay at HoJo’s and that someone is me. I am just venting…… thanks for listening!

Juliana and I are both sick. Nothing serious, just colds. She is doing so well. She is crawling and able to sit on her own. She is starting to stand, although I think the brace has set her back some. She is very sweet and everyone makes a fuss over her. Her hair is starting to lay down and doesn’t stick straight up as much. I miss that! It is hard to only visit for 2 hours a day. It doesn’t leave enough time to make a connection. I have to play by the rules.

Well, it is getting late and I must go. I hope everyone is well at home. I love reading the comments you have written… they make me laugh. I really miss going to work and seeing everyone at the hospital. If the NeuroSurg group wants to send me work ~ I would be happy to have something to do! Send away… oh, and there are some holidays coming up that I could use Omar’s help with. I will explain next time.

Good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adrienne Bell:)

Elise. I absolutely love this story so far....Are you journaling? This would make a great adventure story! She is so cute and you look so happy with her. WOW. It's really happening, Mom. Can you receive Emails?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know we could leave comments. I had a few with earlier posts, and am drawing a blank now. Good luck on Monday, and get home with that beautiful daughter soon!
xoxoxo,
Bob

Anonymous said...

I love you. Definitely journal this as the wise "Adeen" had suggested. If it's any consolation, it's rain and sleet in Philly and chilly! God bless Elisey. Paka paka!!! ps We'll take Juliana to the Ritz when she gets to the States!!!Love Heather